Importance of a Rehersal
A rehearsal is important so that everyone knows where they need to be and when so that the ceremony runs to time.
Sometimes the chapel you are being married in could have another wedding booked straight after you so it is important that we keep to time. This is a perfect opportunity to go over the choreography with your bridal party. If you have children in your bridal party this is a good time for the adult who will be looking after them once their task is complete to know where to position themselves.
It is also possible that your photographer and/or videographer may wish to attend your rehearsal to give you an idea of where they will be on the day.
And you might want to have a meal with your bridal party to discuss the day in a casual environment get rid of some of the nerves.
- Call or Book your no obligation free meeting to discuss what you require for your ceremony.
- Once you have decided on booking me as your celebrant, you can click the link on booking form.
- In your pack you will receive a Notice of intended marriage form or you can click on the link to the right to download a copy.
- You should bring this form with you to your next meeting, along with any required Identification. Note in your instruction list in your pack it will list the identification required [remember this notice needs to be lodged one month prior to the wedding date].
- You will return your questionnaire and we will discuss poetry, readings, if any one will be doing a reading, vows and also music.
- Once I have all this information I will draft up a ceremony and email it to you both for review
- Changes to the ceremony will happen as much as required until it is correct and you the couple are happy with it. Once complete I will send through a final draft for approval.
- Arrange the rehearsal, a lot of brides ask do we need one....trust me when I say YES it is extremely important. This is a good time to go through the paperwork you need to sign on the day so you get familiar with it.
- So we all meet on the day and time arranged and the ceremony will proceed. I will arrive 1 hour prior to the start time. A detailed timetable of all of this will be in your pack.
- Finally I submit your documentation to Births, Deaths & Marriages Within 14 days of the completion of the ceremony.
Legal Requirements of
It is easy to get married in Australia, but here are some steps involved.
Step One- "Notice of Intended Marriage" form must be completed and lodged with myself at least one month prior to the proposed wedding date.
The marriage cannot take place until one month after the date I receive the "Notice of Intention to Marry" form from you.
Step Two - Paperwork that must be provided to myself when submitting the notice of intention to marry form:
- Photo Identification (Passport or Drivers Licence)
- Proof of date and place of birth (Birth Certificate or Passport)
Step Three - (Only for individuals who have been previously married)
Divorce Paper or Death Certificate
Note: shortening of time process (to reduce the one months notice) - There are certain times when a shortening of time may be granted. If you are unsure if you qualify for this please call me and we can go over it. (Please don't assume you qualify call to confirm first).
I am based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne but will travel if required. I also offer mobile document certification if you cant get out then I can come to you for a small fee.